#1 Sourdough Bread Baking 101
What you’ll learn
- Bake a simple loaf of bread using commercial yeast.
- Bake a loaf of real sourdough bread and amaze your family and friends.
- Learn about proving and why it is important in bread making.
- Learn and understand about the tools required to make a good loaf.
- Learn how to mix and fold dough gently to develop the gluten and understand kneading.
- Have an easy method of baking with steam in your own home oven.
- Learn how to shape the dough
- How to handle sticky, wet dough.
- Learn about hydration levels and the importance in baking.
- See how to use a proving basket.
- How to make your own sourdough starter, step by step.
- You will see how to bake, slice and store bread.
- Understand the intricacies around real bread baking.
- Bring a willinginess to learn a new skill. A kitchen scale is necessary as well as other basic baking equipment, like a baking stone, a roasting pan lid, a sharp blade for scoring, water spray bottle and other assorted items found in the home kitchen.
- A desire to bake and eat real bread.
Some skills you will learn:
1. How to make and care for your own sourdough starter
2. Why it’s important to weigh ingredients.
3. Gathering some basic baking equipment
4. How to mix and fold dough. No kneading here.
5. Shaping, scoring and baking the dough.
6. What to do after you’ve baked your first.
When you have finished Sourdough Bread Baking 101, you will have the confidence to not only bake using your own sourdough starter, you will be ready for more advanced sourdough baking techniques which will enable you to bake all sorts of sourdough artisan breads.
Who this course is for
• Sourdough Bread Baking 101 is for the beginner, someone who is comfortable in a kitchen, but needs help with learning how to bake with sourdough.
• This course is not for the seasoned sourdough baker. It is a very simple course with where we show how to make two basic breads one with sourdough and one with fresh yeast.
• This course is for the seasoned baker who has never worked with sourdough and wants to learn how.
• This course can also be for young people who might benefit from learning how to make bread and the importance of the provencance of where real bread comes from.
• This is an great course to gift to a friend.